FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Assistance compressing 4-plus hour documentary from FCP into DVD and/or Blue-Ray for film festival submission

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Cooper
Need Assistance compressing 4-plus hour documentary from FCP into DVD and/or Blue-Ray for film festival submission
on Feb 17, 2014 at 6:02:34 am

Hi everyone,

I have a 4-plus hour documentary I'm readying for submission to international film festivals, beginning next month. I cut the video on FCP, using various video formats, including 720 x 480, and 1080, plus still photographs sized at about 1200. I'd like to get the entire 4-plus hours onto a single disc for viewing comfort. Is it possible to compress, yet retain best quality, and transfer it onto a dual-layer DVD or will I have to go to Blu-Ray. Whichever, what's the best way to go over to DVD or Blu-Ray from FCP, given the length?

Also, whenever I've previously transferred to Quick Time for instant viewing purposes, the zoom-ins on my still photographs bleed beyond the 1:85 aspect ratio that I'm using and are inappropriately visible. Is there any way to crop any image beyond the 1:85 aspect ratio, so that it doesn't appear when I transfer to DVD or Blu-Ray?

Much thanks in advance.

Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]