FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best conversion software for MPEG-2 Video

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aryn Leigh
Best conversion software for MPEG-2 Video
on Jan 17, 2014 at 5:46:34 pm

Hi there,

I'm trying to convert a funny looking MPEG-2 file here at work, and nobody knows which camera the footage was created from (The number sequence is 20090923-082707G01.mov, does that look familiar to a specific camera?)

Anyhow, Quicktime, MPEG Streamclip, Compressor & Toast all cannot read the file, I think it has something to with Quicktime 10 on our system (I also have Quicktime 7 but that doesn't seem to help). I am trying very hard to research another compression option; so far I've come up with either iSkySoft iMedia Converter Deluxe. In the trial version I am able to convert the files without a problem, (even when given a 29.97 frame rate option) but unfortunately with both programs, my footage converts to 30fps progressive, and I need 29.97 interlaced.

1. Anyone recommend a better conversion software program? This is for broadcast so we need something with high quality results.

2. Why in quicktime does my footage appear at 29.97, but when imported into FCP, indicates a frame rate of 30?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]