FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Blu Ray Compression/formating

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shelley Green
Mac Blu Ray Compression/formating
on Nov 30, 2013 at 4:18:27 am

1) I am new to burning blu rays so this may sound like a dumb question, can a blu ray be played on QT or Windows Media Player? I cannot find anywhere that says what the settings would be to burn a blu ray to make this happen, which leads me to believe it is not possible.

2) What are the best settings to use in compressor for burning to blu ray? The preset in FCPX & compressor for blu ray only burns it in 720 X 480, which is the same as the DVD, I want better 1080 format since that is what the source is.

3) Some how I took a time that I exported via FCPX and saved as a 1920X1080 QT file that I imported then into compressor. Once I did that I hit the Create Blu Ray button and then edited the settings in the dialog box that popped up to include multi pass and best settings and 30/35 bit rate. A 3 minute video took 22 hours to burn but was spectacular when I played it on my 46" HDTV compared to the preset blu ray button which produced DVD quality. Anyway to get this stunning quality without the long burn time?

I am ultimately submitting the video for a national contest entry so I want the best quality possible. : )

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]