FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Compression issues

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bjorn Aunet
on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:53:28 am

Hi guys,
I have a few questions to go over. Right now I have been requested to send over a "Apple Pro Res HQ" file of my video to iTunes. However, the film was shot and edited in a "DVCPRO 720 60" timeline. The major issue I'm having, is that I'm using the oldest version of FCP, that doesn't let me export in "Apple Pro Res HQ".

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction, AKA steps to get it there. So far, the only idea I had, was to export in a "DVCPRO 720 60" timeline and then import that into a copy of "imovie", then export the timeline as "Apple Pro Res HQ". What are the concerns if any, that I should be looking for?

The other question is,
What should I use for compression "Quicktime Conversion"? or "compression" when exporting this file?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Nov 6, 2013 at 11:13:14 pm

Do you know somebody who has FCP 7 and can take the file and do a simple convert? Should be a snap!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Bjorn Aunet
on Nov 6, 2013 at 11:19:29 pm

I do, however, they live 4 hours away. So I just figured I could export in a DVCproHD format and then convert it through iMovie, seeing how it exports as apple pro res HQ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]