FORUMS: list search recent posts

Progressive video cuts out on PC's at 27.15 minutes of play.

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Edington
Progressive video cuts out on PC's at 27.15 minutes of play.
on Oct 7, 2013 at 8:43:56 am

Hi all,
I hope you can help:
Using compressor 3.5.3, I take a pro-res 422 edited video, from FCP 7, drop it into a droplet to make a H.264 video, extension .mov. Settings progressive 8,5mb with fast start on and better performance, not best. I have Qmaster set to use 2 instances. I am using a 2006 Dual core 2,66 GHZ apple mac pro.
When compressing the video qmaster breaks down the video correctly and then re-stitches it. All looks good. The video is checked and plays out well.
I make a video a day of the rafting business I run and I recently stopped making mpeg-2 DVD's and started providing the HD digital copy to play in computers.
However, some clients are getting back to me and saying the video stops working at the 27.15 minute mark...
When I get the disk back it works in my machines no problem?
Any ideas? The problems are on PC's with WMV? I include links to VLC and MPEG streamclip and advise the clients to use those...they report the same problem?
I am stumped? Could it be the DVD's I give out are flawed in some way on PC's?
Please help!

Return to posts index

Sean Edington
Disks with .mov cuts out at 27:15 minutes on WMV and PC's...
on Oct 9, 2013 at 5:56:39 am

Hi all,
Still having this problem. Desperate for a solution, it will be such shame to have to go back to mpeg-2 DVD's. The video plays out on Macs, but freezes at 27.11 minutes on PC's. I have tried it with QuickTime and MPEG stream clip on PC's. Same problem. Different disks, different days, same cut out point by one or two seconds.
When I am compressing I notice on batch monitor that the end of the second "segment", I am using two instances in qmaster, ends around the 27 minute mark...could this be the problem? I am completely mystified?
Please help, I work in Zambia and this is driving me crazy...not to mention the clients...

Return to posts index

Sean Edington
Problem with qmaster?
on Oct 10, 2013 at 9:18:51 am

The mac we use for these videos is a 1.1 mac pro, dual 2.66GHZ processors, with 11GB of Ram, it is old but what a workhorse. Over the years I have also replaced the video card. As I said earlier the compressor we use is version 3.5.3.-the latest on this is that it appears to be a qmaster bug? Please can anyone give me some help?
On today's video we bypassed the 2 instance cluster and just used one core...and the disk plays out no problem on PC's.
Any ideas on why this is happening?
My best guess is the stitching of the various parts of the movie from the cluster together is causing a problem. But how can the same movie play out on a Mac, then freeze on a PC...
Desperate for some help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]