FORUMS: list search recent posts

right compression for television - 16:9 anamorphic

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marta Mancusi
right compression for television - 16:9 anamorphic
on Sep 12, 2013 at 9:40:42 am

Hello everyone, I have a question about compression for television,
I have to submit a 30 seconds video for an italian television. They asked me a 16:9 anamorphic format and the video has to be maximum 10 M.
I exported the video in full HD from after effects. Then I imported it in Adobe Media encoder and exported it again using the PAL DV Wildscreen 25fps preset/format Quicktime.
Is that correct for a 16:9 anamorphic file?
I got a video that is 108,5 MB. How can I compress it to get to a 10 M file, not loosing the 16:9 anamorphic format?
Any help is appreciated!
Thank you very much
Marta

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: right compression for television - 16:9 anamorphic
on Sep 12, 2013 at 2:30:58 pm

Basic high school math.

A car going at 100 kilometers per hour travels two hours has traveled 200 kilometers.
kbps times duration equals file size.

Don't take it personally but I don't know why this math seems to be such a challenge for anyone who graduated high school let alone college.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 12, 2013 at 2:49:32 pm

BTW, you can't change the data rate for DV. It's built into the codec.
If they're giving you data rate along with the duration, they can't be asking for DV.

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
on Sep 12, 2013 at 4:44:56 pm

To expand on Craig's comments, QuickTime DV is available at 25mbps and 50mbps. A 30-second video stream will require 94MB at DV25 or 188MB at DV50. With the audio and overhead included 108MB sounds about right.

DV is an all intra-frame format. In order to compress the file to 10MB, use a codec like H.264 or MPEG-2 that incorporates inter-frame compression.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]