FORUMS: list search recent posts

Episode UFF deinterlace question

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kuhnen Brown
Episode UFF deinterlace question
on Aug 23, 2013 at 8:14:35 am

My EX3 records 1080 60i through the SDI pipe onto a Blackmagic HyperDeck Shuttle 2 recorder. From there it's edited in Premiere Pro CC in a ProRes Hq 1080i sequence. The edited piece is rendered out (smart render) as ProRes HQ 1080i (upper frame). I want Episode to convert it to H264 720p for web delivery but not sure what deinterlace settings are suitable. Your thoughts?

MacPro 2009 16GB ram
OS X 10.8.4
Gtx 680
Episode Standard
Creative Cloud

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Episode UFF deinterlace question
on Aug 23, 2013 at 2:43:07 pm

That Episode has so many deinterlace setting options is testament to both the subjective nature and the variety of content. You can start with a preset and test a couple of scenes especially with fast action or any motion graphics. From there you may need to tweak and test. Generally if you're not sure what the settings do, always start with a template. The Episode User Guide even includes a few pics on how the different settings might affect the edges.

Return to posts index

Kuhnen Brown
Re: Episode UFF deinterlace question
on Aug 23, 2013 at 6:07:20 pm

Thanks Craig. I'll start sampling the various settings and post successful recipes. Episode's edge detection is one part of the formula I need to learn and where I will focus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]