FORUMS: list search recent posts

AC3 Conversion outside of Compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Morehead
AC3 Conversion outside of Compressor
on Jun 21, 2013 at 4:09:04 pm

Hello everyone,

First time poster on CC. I apologize if the problem I will post has already been addressed. I couldn't find anything in the archive.

I work at a planetarium and I am trying to convert WAVs and AIFFs to AC3. In the past I just used Apple Compressor. However, since our office upgraded to the newest Macs, Final Cut Studio can no longer be installed.

I've seen mentions of ffmpeg but my boss doesn't want me to do anything that messes with the configuration/no Terminal manipulation.

Any suggestions or solutions would be great. We can technically revive the use of one of our old Macs but it's better to learn a new way. I'm surprised there isn't more talk of alternative solutions, given FCP's now obsolete standing.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: AC3 Conversion outside of Compressor
on Jul 2, 2013 at 4:48:25 pm

Are you sure you can't install FCS? I've seen many people on the forums who are using Mountain Lion and FCS3.

The alternative would be just installing Compressor (v4 from the App Store). It's $50 and works the same as what you're used to.

Other alternatives would be Sorenson Squeeze, Adobe Media Encoder, and maybe FFmpegX for a free routeā€¦

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]