FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor X vs Quicktime Pro 7 for H264 Outputs- And is H264 still the way to go for web delivery?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Shepard
Compressor X vs Quicktime Pro 7 for H264 Outputs- And is H264 still the way to go for web delivery?
on Jun 21, 2013 at 12:09:47 am

Hi!

I like to output a full resolution native version of all my work. Normally I load that into QT7 and output a full quality H264 (all best settings) for client. I was curious if doing it through Compressor would be any different?

My other question I guess is: Is H264 still the best choice for delivery for corporate video that is intended for web? I always keep a 720p24 or 1080p24 ProRes422HQ for my archives (and often give this to the client as well), but I remember the desaturation issues with H264 and juts wondering if people are preferring something else.

For uploading to Vimeo / YouTube? H264 or should I be uploading ProRes directly?

Nick

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Compressor X vs Quicktime Pro 7 for H264 Outputs- And is H264 still the way to go for web delivery?
on Jun 21, 2013 at 12:34:31 am

I realized the reply I was about to post basically came straight from this podcast-

http://moviola.com/webinars/demystifying-codecs-and-encoding/

Its $3 to rent, available for 30 days or 48 hours from starting the video. I'm not affiliated in any way, just don't want to be a jerk and post the info I just paid for yesterday.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compressor X vs Quicktime Pro 7 for H264 Outputs- And is H264 still the way to go for web delivery?
on Jun 21, 2013 at 1:03:47 am

Compressor and Quicktime use the same H.264.
Compressor gives you a lot more control over the settings.

Generally I upload a high bitrate H.264 to YouTube and Vimeo.

YouTube's recommendations.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en#

There's a difference between uploading a file to be recompressed and encoding a file that's going to be used on the web directly. If it's for web use directly, the bit rate would be considerably lower than YouTube's recommendations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]