FORUMS: list search recent posts

advice on compressing hour long "episode" for HD web streaming

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Solomon blair
advice on compressing hour long "episode" for HD web streaming
on Jun 6, 2013 at 3:34:42 am

hey there! I'm looking for anyone out there that can shed some light on this topic!

I'm currently putting together a web show that averages out to about an hour long per episode. my process is pretty much this...
1. footage edited with adobe premiere with the preset HDV 1920x1080 at 29.97 fps....after edit is complete I kick out the highest resolution Quicktime MOV file. (12GB file roughly)
(note: Ive tried to do AVI to keep video uncompressed, but I have had issues with AVI's this long and large not playing properly or being accepted into after affects)

2. I then take that to After Effects to do any color correcting and add in all motion graphics etc.

3. From there I render out another highest quality Quicktime MOV

I have been rendering out 2 formats that I use for web/mobile devices. F4V for web, and MP4 for mobile device.

from final quicktime from After Effects, I compress that into 2 final formats F4V and MP4 using adobe Media Encoder

my question is:

Is there anyone who has had experience working with these type of formats in the professional market that could tell me if there is a better way to do this? I am looking to get high quality output in comparison to something like HULU. it seems that a web video stream like HULU is splitting up episodes/shows into separate parts, and the video player is calling on the separate files to load in between commercial ads. As i don't have the option to separate into separate "parts," I am looking for the best procedure to get web HD quality at 1280x720, and get highest playback results at 1 hour long video.

thanks very much to anyone with some insight to this!

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]