FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing 1.72GB of SD video to host on the web

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Kuhn
Compressing 1.72GB of SD video to host on the web
on May 16, 2013 at 6:56:12 pm

I have an hour of SD wedding footage, it is a .m4v and it is 1.72 GB. I want to get it small enough so that I can host it on Dropbox or a similar site so that my cousin the groom can download it and watch it. Is there a way to get it to him so that it doesn't lose quality? If not, getting it to him at all would be great. I have Compressor but have no idea how to use it.

I apologize if I'm repeating a thread but I could really use an answer specific to my circumstance as I am technologically incompetent. Thanks!

TJ

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: Compressing 1.72GB of SD video to host on the web
on May 16, 2013 at 7:30:13 pm

Easiest way is to create a data DVD. Put a blank DVD into your computer, wait it for it to show up on the desktop. Drag your video onto the disk, then double click on the disk and click burn in the upper right hand corner. When he receives the DVD, he puts it in his computer and drags the file off of it.

Here's a link to a YouTube tutorial:

Return to posts index

Timothy Kuhn
on May 16, 2013 at 8:00:17 pm

Thanks for the response Eric. I had a feeling that'd be the only logical way to go about it. Funny how in my laziness, not wanting to have to physically mail anything, I just created a great deal more work for myself. Thanks again.

TJ

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
on May 16, 2013 at 8:43:30 pm

You're welcome. Yeah, sometimes old school snail mail is the way to go.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on May 17, 2013 at 2:51:50 am

USB Jump drive. I always have 2 and 4 gig USB sticks around. Or the old DVD data disc....but be sure to pack in a non bendable envelope because the post office will snap it in half for sure!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]