FORUMS: list search recent posts

J2k Digital & MPEG Digital for cinema

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sachin Desai
J2k Digital & MPEG Digital for cinema
on Feb 1, 2013 at 1:13:42 pm

recently I did post production for 30 advertisement for TV. the client wanted that video to be screened at cinema halls also.

so one of the distributors for advertising in cinema theater asked me two formats one is J2k Digital which actually was DCP, which I managed. but could not figure out for MPEG Digital. so the distributor managed it from my MOV file.

if someone can tell me to produce MPEG digital ti be played on Cinema theaters.

thanks

Sachin Desai

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: J2k Digital & MPEG Digital for cinema
on Feb 1, 2013 at 1:32:07 pm

[Sachin Desai] "could not figure out for MPEG Digital. so the distributor managed it from my MOV file.

if someone can tell me to produce MPEG digital ti be played on Cinema theaters."

MPEG covers a lot of ground and I don't think "MPEG Digital" denotes a specific form of MPEG.
My own guess is that they want an MPEG2 Program Stream or Transport Stream but even then they should give frame size and bit rate.

It's also conceivable that H.264 in MPEG Transport Stream would be what they're looking for and potentially much higher quality.

Again they need to give you some basic details but with that it shouldn't difficult to do in something like Episode Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]