FORUMS: list search recent posts

Excellent FFMBC GUI - Windows Rewrap and Transcoder

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Blair
Excellent FFMBC GUI - Windows Rewrap and Transcoder
on Jan 25, 2013 at 4:28:00 am

Used to post a lot but not so much lately. But found a wonderful software utility that needs to be shared. It's a Windows based tool that can transcode many pro camera formats/codecs to professional intermediate formats for editing...as well as simply rewrap files to mp4 files for editing, grading etc.

It's called AWPro and it has a professional, simple to use interface...and can transcode .mts, .mov, .m2t, .m2ts, .mp4 & .mxf to .mov, .mp4, or .mxf intermediates. It will also create proxy files simultaneously, correctly move metadata as it transcodes etc.

It will convert to ProRes, Avid DNxHD, MXF, XDcam, DVCPro and high-quality MJPEG at 220Mb/sec, which looks great and plays back better than 220Mb DNxHD inside editing apps (at least in my tests).

It's the Windows answer to the Mac based ClipWrap..only it's much better...both in terms of functionality, appearance and speed. It'll also do batch conversions of folders, or you can load individual files from multiple folders.

I'm not shilling for the app either as it's FREE...although the developer does have a paid server version that will transcode across multiple machines. But even that is cheap...something like $25.

It's just too good a tool to not shout about...especially if you deal with various camera formats from different shooters, or use different cameras on projects.

Here's the link...enjoy...it's a great program...never once crashed on me or locked up and I've used it to transcode thousands of clips.

http://hdcinematics.com/NewWeb/tools.html

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com
Read our blog http://www.videomi.com/blog

Return to posts index

Andrei Smirnov
Re: Excellent FFMBC GUI - Windows Rewrap and Transcoder
on Mar 6, 2013 at 9:03:32 am

Thanks for the link to the HDCINEMATICS AWPro conversion tool. I downloaded the installer but my windows7 failed to recognize the file. Is the program a typical Windows installer or I miss smth here?
Regards

Return to posts index

Jim Miesner
on Jul 26, 2013 at 12:00:37 pm

I downloaded the software, but it keeps crashing before it opens. I sent a troubleshooting email. Hope I can get it working. It would be a better alternative to what I am doing now.

Return to posts index

David Veeneman
on Nov 23, 2013 at 3:59:32 pm
Last Edited By David Veeneman on Nov 23, 2013 at 4:20:43 pm

AWPro works fine on my Win 7 machine, and the rewraps that it generates play fine in Windows Media Player and Quicktime for Windows. But when I import a rewrap into Premiere Pro CC, The picture is about 25% longer than the actual file, and the audio, which is the correct length, is obviously out of sync.

For example, in an 00:11:45 AVCHD test file, the rewrap shows a length of 00:11:45 in Windows Explorer. But when I import it to PP, the clip shows a length of 00:14:10. The picture is stretched out to 00:14:10, but the audio times correctly to 00:11:45.

I ran ffmbc from the command line, using a set of recommended parameters, and I got the same result. So, the problem would appear to be in ffmbc, rather than AWPro.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Any fixes / troubleshooting suggestions? Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]