FORUMS: list search recent posts

VLC Makes Me Drool

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Logan
VLC Makes Me Drool
on Dec 26, 2012 at 9:48:28 pm

I'm a compression novice, getting my finest results by sheer luck much of the time. I have 9 AVCHD (.MTS) files Final Cut Pro X won't import because of a SD card issue I had. I want to salvage these files and in playing around with them I found that of my available software options only VLC and Handbrake will open them. I am truly impressed by the display color and clarity VLC offers during playback. Truly stunning! This is what I want for my final output! If I could understand how to get these files transcoded and into Final Cut Pro X while retaining this VLC-like lossless quality I would come unglued with sheer video-geek-delight. Any thoughts about what tool(s) and settings I might try? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dominic Legg
Re: VLC Makes Me Drool
on Jan 6, 2013 at 12:54:14 am

Try transcoding them to a ProRes / animation / lossless format either through something like MPEG Streamclip or after effects.

Both of those programs open broken and corrupt video files quite well

Motion Graphic / Video Editor

Return to posts index

Scott Logan
Re: VLC Makes Me Drool
on Jan 6, 2013 at 4:19:44 am

Thanks for your post Dominic. Much appreciated.

Another person also suggested I transcode, but using ClipWrap, which I did with great results in terms of video clarity. I didn't end up with the beautiful color VLC offers, but that probably had more to do with how VLC plays-back video than anything else? In any event, I'm satisfied with the end result achieved using ClipWrap.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]