FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 30 fps playable DVD to 24 fps Quicktime

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Addie Donnell
Converting 30 fps playable DVD to 24 fps Quicktime
on Dec 11, 2012 at 6:40:57 pm

So, this is a problem that I deal with quite a lot, but my usual work around is unavailable this time. I am given a 4x3 Letterbox DVD with a 30fps vis TC. I am suppose to take this picture and convert it to
720 x 480
TC burnt in
MJPEGA

Every time I do it, there are duplicate frames, which obviously will not fly. My current process is, ripping the DVD with mpeg streamclip as a Apple ProRes 422, importing into FCP in a 23.98 sequence, putting VIS TC, exporting, then compressing with Mpeg streamclip to the appropriate specs. There are always duplicate frames. Is there a way to get around this problem?

Any help would be amazing! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Converting 30 fps playable DVD to 24 fps Quicktime
on Dec 11, 2012 at 7:45:01 pm

[Addie Donnell] "but my usual work around is unavailable this time."

What would that be?

[Addie Donnell] " am given a 4x3 Letterbox DVD with a 30fps vis TC. I am suppose to take this picture and convert it to
720 x 480
23.98"

Is your source 23.98 in i59.94?
You'd want to do a inverse telecine to properly remove the pulldown. The software doing that would have to properly detect the cadence of course. Telestream Episode might be able to do this.

Return to posts index

Addie Donnell
Re: Converting 30 fps playable DVD to 24 fps Quicktime
on Dec 11, 2012 at 10:55:56 pm

Usually, I have te CTM to marry to the M & E's to export and compress, boom, done. But I don't have that today. I will try and investigate Telestream Episode, I suppose.

Thanks for you help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]