FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Execute AppleScript on output" not working in Compressor 3.5.3 & Mountain Lion?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
"Execute AppleScript on output" not working in Compressor 3.5.3 & Mountain Lion?
on Nov 5, 2012 at 8:40:03 am

I'm trying to get a post-transcode Applescript action to be triggered by Compressor upon output, but no matter what I do, my script doesn't seem to be executed.

For debugging purposes, I'm using the simplest possible script:

on open (thefiles)
beep
beep
beep
end open

The script was saved as an Application, as suggested in the Compressor documentation.

The checkbox next to the "Execute AppleScript on output" option is checked, and the test script does work as expected when I drop a file onto it via the Finder. But Compressor seems to completely ignore the script execution, and I don't see any relevant error messages in the Console, so I have no idea why this isn't working?

Any ideas what I'm missing here? Could this be an incompatibility between Compressor 3.5.3 and Mountain Lion (running 10.8.2)?

Return to posts index

Carl Varney
Re: "Execute AppleScript on output" not working in Compressor 3.5.3 & Mountain Lion?
on Aug 20, 2013 at 4:54:46 pm

Same problem here. I just migrated to a new iMac with Mountain Lion. Using Compressor 3.0.5. Applescript fires off just fine on my old Mac Pro running Snow Leopard, but not on the iMac running Mt Lion. Everything else works as expected. And, like the original poster, my applescript works fine when I drag the file onto it.

This is literally the only post I've found on this issue. I suppose the best thing to do would be to upgrade to Compressor 4 and hope the scripts work with that.

Return to posts index

Carl Varney
Re: "Execute AppleScript on output" not working in Compressor 3.5.3 & Mountain Lion?
on Aug 20, 2013 at 6:11:48 pm

Well, I upgraded to Compressor 4 and apparently you cannot launch an Applescript at the conclusion of a setting anymore. You CAN do post conversion actions on jobs submitted through Compressor, but not within a setting and therefore, apparently, not within a droplet. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a way to run an Applescript or Automator workflow at the conclusion of a droplet's work.

I hope I'm wrong...anyone?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]