FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downloaded video won't compress!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Peters
Downloaded video won't compress!
on Oct 29, 2012 at 11:59:47 pm

Downloaded a video off of Vimeo, and can't compress it to ProRes (HQ) via Compressor, Quicktime 7 or Mpeg Streamclip. Quicktime just compressed super fast and left me with a file that only showed a white screen. Streamclip wouldn't even prep the movie. Anyone run into this problem with downloaded Vimeo files? Is it a problem with the original file that was uploaded that makes it hard to recompress on my end?

Thanks!

Andy

Return to posts index

Dominic Legg
Re: Downloaded video won't compress!
on Nov 2, 2012 at 9:06:38 pm

I have had this problem before

The videos from Vimeo play fine in Quicktime but once exported either comes up with an error or white screen. Trying to Play the file in FCP comes up with an out of memory error. MPEG Streamclip doesn't work either.

The solution I found was drag the video into After Effects and render from there :)

Not sure why it happens... maybe an error in code in the video that Vimeo causes.

Motion Graphic / Video Editor

Return to posts index

Laurence Halstead
Re: Downloaded video won't compress!
on Nov 14, 2012 at 1:42:48 pm

I had this problem today but found a solution which seemed to work for all the videos I downloaded off vimeo.

If you open in QT 7, trim and delete the 1st frame off the video. Then go to export to the desired format (in my case ProRes) it seems to work fine. It appears that the 1st 2 frames are identical so it must be something Vimeo does when you upload to itto safeguard its terms and conditions.

I hope this helps!

Laurence

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]