FORUMS: list search recent posts

High Res MPEG2-TS

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vikash Autar
High Res MPEG2-TS
on Oct 29, 2012 at 1:39:52 am

I have created several extremely high res (10K +) videos for projecten in a stadium. The files are requested as MPEG2-TS or H264 in a MPEG-TS container.

I have tried different software. AE and Compressor cannot export higher than 1920 and FFXMPEGX messes up the file.

Is there any way to export these high resolution files to any of the file types above on a Mac?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael McIntyre
Re: High Res MPEG2-TS
on Oct 29, 2012 at 2:47:46 am

Each week, I create MPEG2 transport streams using Adobe Media Encoder. These are HD broadcast programs for a major satellite network. While largely overlooked, AME yields excellent results and is much faster than Telestream Episode, Sorensen Squeeze and any number of other compression programs we tested.

I'd need to see the full specs requested to know whether it's up to the task. List all the numbers necessary rather than just "MPEG2-TS or H264 in a MPEG-TS container".

Return to posts index

Vikash Autar
on Oct 29, 2012 at 3:41:11 am

Thanks for the quick reply Michael.

The specs needed are:

MPEG2-TS or H264 (in MPEG-TS container)

Bitrate 5-6 Mbits

Audio MP2

The resolutions of the files vary from: 1080x1920 to 7680 x 3240, 1080x1080 and 23040 × 1080.

I've used AME in the past but always had issues around the borders.

Jus tried AME and it doesn't work with the resolutions I try to put in, even 1080x1080 does not work.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael McIntyre
on Oct 30, 2012 at 5:30:30 pm

Yeah - not much luck here either w/ bizarre frame-size and AME.

I've jumped through hoops with large presentations before and often it's best to let their playback do the heavy lifting rather than encoding for the size of the venue. Maybe it's playing back through Spyder or Daktronics?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]