FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid 6.0.3 QT REF to Compressor 3.5.3 adding TC creates a high contrast still frame QT

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Lutsch
Avid 6.0.3 QT REF to Compressor 3.5.3 adding TC creates a high contrast still frame QT
on Oct 4, 2012 at 10:32:28 pm

I'm attempting to make faster QT REF files from Avid using Compressor. The process is that I export a QT REF file from Avid (no TC effect) and then use compressor to add the TC onto the track. Having Apple Qmaster use multiple cores to process the file. People have told me that a 40min QT can be done within 10-15min.

However, I'm having two problems with this process. The first problem is that I'm receiving the error "The drive containing the source material is not available. Using the drive specified in Media Creation settings" when exporting a QT REF file from Avid. None of the media is offline. You have to click this error several times, but the QT still exports. This happens multiple times within a 40min sequence. I have created a sequence with 10 sec of footage from each drive on the ISIS and received the error once and then exported multiple times again and never received it again.

The second problem is the exports from compressor end up looking dark. At the start of each cut there is a normal still frame, and then it fades to a dark contrast still of the shot. The original sequence is not still frame at all. The TC is unaffected. I have narrowed it down to the effects that compressor is adding. If I don't' add a watermark or TC the QT exports fine.

Avid 6.0.3
ISIS 5200
Compressor 3.5.3
OSX 7.4
QT 10.1 (and I have QT 7.6 installed too)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]