FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Compressor preference files, "this computer" missing in cluster list

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Remington Swales
No Compressor preference files, "this computer" missing in cluster list
on Sep 23, 2012 at 1:20:58 am

I have installed Compressor and when I go to submit my jobs the only option I have under "Cluster:" is the virtual cluster I created through Qmaster. I have no option to select "This Computer" as my cluster to export.

This is the initial problem, looking on forums recommended trashing my compressor preference files. But when I looked in Library>Preferences I could not find com.apple.compressor.Compressor.plist or any compressor.plist files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: No Compressor preference files, "this computer" missing in cluster list
on Sep 25, 2012 at 4:50:47 pm

Create a New User Admin account, reboot and login to the new account and test there. If it works you know it's likely a user issue (often preferences as you seem to surmise).

You can't find the plist file? Let's not play guessing games. If you want accurate help relative to you version of Compressor and OS, you should include that information.

Return to posts index

Remington Swales
on Oct 1, 2012 at 8:00:33 pm

So sorry for the lack of info/specs

OS X Version 10.7.5
Compressor Version 3.5.3

Compressor was installed with Final Cut Studio 2 about 2 years ago. I used to have "This Computer" as a cluster option for a long time and noticed it had vanished in the last few weeks.

I tried creating a new admin account, rebooting, and checking to see if "this computer" showed up as a cluster in there. It did not.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:44:04 pm

Easiest thing to try: launch Compressor and go to the Compressor menu and choose Reset Background Processing. Choose Reset and Cancel Jobs. Quit and relaunch Compressor and try submitting a job again.

If that does not work, you must uninstall and reinstall Compressor.

Return to posts index

Alan McCormick
on Jul 4, 2013 at 7:13:09 am

I reset background processing and had to restart Mac Pro but it then worked as normal.

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on Jul 24, 2013 at 8:31:21 pm

Very weird. This just happened to me too. A little google, and a Cow, and WaLa! Problem solved. Reboot was the most important step.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Guillermo Gomez
on Mar 31, 2015 at 1:08:30 am

I am unable to click the "submit" button on the second screen after clicking the first "submit" button in the batch window because it says "no clusters found". To attempt to solve this, I have tried deleting the files:
com.apple.Compressor.CompressorSharedService.plist
com.apple.compressor.Compressor.plist

I also tried deleting the contents of var/spool/qmaster, and restarting several times, but the problem is still there. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling?

(Version 3.5.3, OS 10.7.3)

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Mar 31, 2015 at 2:29:10 am

Try Digital Rebellion's Compressor Repair.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]