FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Job Action "Copying Destination file"

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Eaks
Compressor Job Action "Copying Destination file"
on Aug 23, 2012 at 2:28:37 pm

Sometimes my Job Action in Compressor for either DVD or Blu-ray will hang at the burn process, so I cancel it. The output files are still successfully created and they show up in Finder. Share Monitor reports a successful Batch even though the burn did not complete.

If I submit the batch again but change the output file name on the settings (as in adding the number 2 to the end) so the yellow exclamation warning me that the destination folder already contains files of the same name goes away. Sometimes, instead of encoding the files again, Batch monitor will show "Copying Destination file", finish within minutes and begin the burn. This is when I know the encode should have taken an hour before it starts the burn, for example. The process completes successfully and DVD/Blu-ray plays fine.

I assume Compressor notices that the destination folder contains an identical file to what it's about to create. So it just uses that file instead of making another. But that seems strange to me given that the file name is different.

Has anyone ever encountered this "Copying Destination file" during a Job Action encode/burn? If it could be provoked intentionally, it would be convenient for re-burning already encoded files using Compressor (since toast won't accept Matrox MAX files that have chapter markers).

Lion 10.7.3
Compressor 4.0.2
Matrox MAX 2.5.0.0034 (for the h.264 Blu-ray settings)
MacPro3,1 2.8Ghz 8-core, 16GB RAM, 5770
OS/App drive- Samsung SSD 830
Media drive- 6TB 3-drive RAID-0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]