FORUMS: list search recent posts

WRAW to QT best conversion

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Brooke
WRAW to QT best conversion
on May 29, 2012 at 2:17:47 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently editing a promo for a video game. It's a rehash of one I made a couple of years back when I was editing on a PC Avid.

Now I'm running from a mac and the original cutscenes will not play, encoded as they are to WRAW AVI files.

I have a PC with Quicktime Pro (7.0) which I am using to export the files as QT movies. Only thing is I'm not sure which codec to use. The files are 640x480 12fps cell-animated cutscenes from the game.

I've just done a test using the compression type of None from the QT export settings window. The quality looks identical, although the file is about 150mb larger.

Exporting using the Animation codec for lossless quality creates a file about half the size of the original WRAW and crashes Quicktime Player when I try to play it back.

My question is when using the None setting how does that actually affect the video? Or is there another codec I should use? I should point out if it weren't for the fact that I am having to convert the files on a PC I would be using ProRes for the conversion.

Anybody have any tips or suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]