FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Res to MPEG-2 issue

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot Beach
Pro Res to MPEG-2 issue
on May 9, 2012 at 12:07:02 am

I’m getting a very a annoying issue when using compressor.

I have a 04:80 second apple pro res export form final cut, which I am then importing into compressor and applying the DVD SD mpeg-2 best quality template so I can burn to a DVD.

The compression goes through successfully, however when I play the mpeg file through quicktime it takes about 10 seconds to play and says the duration is 2 hours long. The video is there in the first 5 minutes but it keeps going with a black screen for 2 hours. If I try to burn this to disc any other video before it plays fine but when the track with this file comes it does nothing and restarts.

I’m using the default DVD settings in compressor and have tried high bit rate and lower but still does the same issue. The apple pro res file seems to have nothing wrong with it. Also, if I cut a fragment of the video and export using FCP and compress that it seems to work fine with the correct duration.

Not sure what the problem is, any help would be great?

Return to posts index

Elliot Beach
Re: Pro Res to MPEG-2 issue
on May 9, 2012 at 9:45:09 am

Note this is also happening with a 8 minutes clip also exported in pro res. I have tried uninstalling compressor and reinstalling. Still have the problem!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Pro Res to MPEG-2 issue
on May 20, 2012 at 2:09:44 pm

Let's try this two ways.

1) Send the file to compressor from FCP. This is the 'cleanest' communication between the 4 min sequence and the end MPEG file.
2) Try exporting a QuickTime movie and then punch it over to compressor.

They should both give you the same result - a 4 min movie....or not. Let's find out!

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Editor/Author/Speaker/Consulting
My NAB seminar schedule, contact info and more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]