FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression Software

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Nowakowski
Compression Software
on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:36:57 pm

Looking for some advice from the cow community. I deliver spots to DG Fast for broadcast and lately have been asked to deliver 30 minute shows that are VOD ready. Currently I am using Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze, and sometimes compressor to do this. I find what I am using does not offer enough advanced options when it comes to MPEG2 encoding for VOD. I'm asked to provide specific stream types, stream ID, PMT PID and so on. Does anyone have any suggestions for an encoding software that is a staple for this type of work? Is what I'm using adequate for these tasks and its more of a user error? I know this is a very generic question, but I suppose I am looking to pick some brains on best practices.

Thanks!
Aaron

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compression Software
on Apr 11, 2012 at 10:05:27 pm

Try Telestream Episode. Is this what you're looking for?

Return to posts index

Aaron Nowakowski
on Apr 12, 2012 at 2:37:41 pm

Thanks Craig that does look like the options I'm looking for. Can you tell does telestream have presets for VOD or specific companies distribution companies?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 12, 2012 at 2:41:56 pm

There are VOD presets but, when given the opportunity, customization always helps because of variations in standards and demands. Download the free demo. Best to learn by playing with it first hand.

Return to posts index

Aaron Nowakowski
on Apr 12, 2012 at 2:47:18 pm

Thanks again Craig, I'll definitely check it out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]