FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encoding ac3 surround sound with MPEG-2 video

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Cucher
Encoding ac3 surround sound with MPEG-2 video
on Mar 16, 2012 at 8:40:07 pm

Hello
I've followed some of the useful posts concerning the marriage of MPEG-2 video with ac3 audio but I'm still stumped. I need to produce an MPEG-2 program stream with 5.1 surround sound to be played from an SD card by a Brightsign HD1010 media player (It's for a museum display).
I've used compressor to create both an MPEG-2 video file and a separate AC3 audio file with 6 tracks.
When I bring it to MPEG Streampclip to mux it I don't see seetings for the audio PID change to reflect the 5.1, or have the option of changing the audio mode to surround.
Any ideas what can be going on?
Is there any other way of muxing these particular formats?
I have the option of presenting the video in H264 with AAC 5.1 encoding (which I can encode directly in Compressor), but I hear there are reliability issues with this format when played from the SD card. Any advice on that front?
Thank you so much!
Sam

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Encoding ac3 surround sound with MPEG-2 video
on Mar 20, 2012 at 1:00:00 am

I'm sure that Compressor won't mux 5.1
And I don't know if MPEG Streamclip will - the ffmpeg guys would (which mpeg streamclip is based on.)

I see that episode lets me have AC3 audio, muxed as an MPEG2 and lets me have 6 (5.1) channels. I'm pretty sure squeeze will do this too.

So, unfortunately, you'll need either to buy the tools or hire it out.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]