FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 4

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Obernesser
Compressor 4
on Feb 12, 2012 at 6:12:27 pm

I posted this as well on apple's compressor support. Nothing has worked so far and I need it so I can export a show out as an MPEG 2 file from FCP 7

I just bought compressor 4. I am running on a Mac Pro 8 core (early 2009) 2.26 GHZ with 6 GB or ram.( I know I need more ram) I am on the trial version of FCP X but I have FCP 7 on my main hard drive. I have installed, uninstalled, I have three drives so i dropped compressor into a different drive I have searched all over google and nothing is helping. When I open C4, I get a window on start up that asks me if I want to make a blu-ray, you tube video, etc... I choose one of the following (tried them all) and once I do that window disappears, but nothing else happens. It just sits there, I left the program running for 5 mins and still nothing would appear. I put C4 on the task bar and dropped a video clip on it to see if it would open the UI that way but still nothing. I read from apple about two different ways to try to fix. One was to partition the drive and the other was to update everything then try again. I really do not want to partition the drive because of the chance i could lose something. The other option mentions opening motion then closing before doing anything else. I don't have motion on this machine. I am using FCP X trial version and that is running and working ok. Any have any ideas on how to get Compressor working?

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Compressor 4
on Feb 27, 2012 at 10:03:24 pm

First, Move all the FCP7 pieces into your Application directory.
Move all the FCPX pieces into a folder called FCPX in your Application directory.

That's exactly what the tech note tells you to do.

Then run Motion 4 and then Motion 5.

At this point everything has been correctly 'registered' with the OS.

To test compressor 4: open it. Cancel the templates...and then drag a piece of video in, pick a preset and choose "Submit"

Let us know how that goes. Should take 10 min or so.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]