FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending a fnished edit from FCE 4 to iMovie for Youtube upload

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Eastman
Sending a fnished edit from FCE 4 to iMovie for Youtube upload
on Feb 10, 2012 at 12:19:28 am

I did a project in class that was shot on a Flip camera. The /shots /uploaded /to /my /HDD /as /.mp4 H.264 /1280x720 /Quicktime. /I /used /Final /Cut /Express /4 /to /edit /the /shots /together. /Now /that /I;'m /done /editing /I /need /to /know /which /way /is /best /to /export /so /I /can /take /the /final /edit /into /iMovie /and /from /there, /upload /to /Youtube. /Exporting /always /confuses /me /and /my /video /quality /always /ends /up /being /degraded... /

Thanks /in /advance /for /the /help /and /sorry /for /the /slashes, /my /keyboard /is /messed /up!

-Brandon Eastman

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Sending a fnished edit from FCE 4 to iMovie for Youtube upload
on Feb 27, 2012 at 9:59:23 pm

Export from Final Cut Express as Quicktime. Skip iMovie and go directly to the youtube upload page. It'll be a very large file, but you won't get hit with further quality hits.

h.264 > Apple Intermediary Codec (FCE/iMovie compression) > iMovie (I don't know what's happening here) to youtube.

Yes, it'll be a long upload - and test it with 30sec-1 min of footage first (just so you can see the difference)

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Brandon Eastman
Re: Sending a fnished edit from FCE 4 to iMovie for Youtube upload
on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:30:46 pm

Thanks /for /the /help, /Jeff. /I /will /try /that /technique /next /time /when /I /want /to /upload /after /an /edit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]