FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best solution for merging clips.

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Soprano
Best solution for merging clips.
on Jan 19, 2012 at 9:24:08 pm

I burn Blu Ray's using Toast 10 and unfortunately it can only handle 98 clips on one disc. I have short intro clips that need to go in front of other clips but they are 1920x1080 Pro res 4444 while the other clips are in H.264 720x480. Is there some program that would allow me to merge this clips while keeping their dimensions intact?

A separate question is I used the geometry feature in compressor to make some clips look better on disc, is there some way I could replace the black bars on the left and right with a picture? I am fine with the letterbox effect on the top and bottom.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Best solution for merging clips.
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:26:09 am

I'd think QT7 could do this with a bit of work. Scaling would be the most difficult part, but I'd scale it up in display settings in movie properties then save that, then copy and add to ProRes movie. I'm not sure how it would handle codecs though...probably just require both to play. You could even save it as a QT ref if it couldn't flatten it correctly with varying codecs.

I'd bet you could do this without going through Compressor. I'm interested to hear what ends up working.

-Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]