FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Need to render both after effects animations, and use compressor overnight. Solution?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Hayes
I Need to render both after effects animations, and use compressor overnight. Solution?
on Jan 8, 2012 at 8:42:12 pm

I have:
-2 x 2.8 GHZ Quad Core Intel Xeon
-16GB of ram
In a mac tower

I have about 8 videos to compress, each about an hour long, and also I need to render some heavy after effects animations. Over one night, I have about from 6pm until 9am to hope to get this all compressed, so plenty of time.

I was wondering if its a bad idea to render in compressor at the same time that my after effect animations render? Because when I use compressor i set it so it uses all 8 cores.

Does anyone know how I could possibly use Qmaster to set my compressor to start compressing after waiting about 5 hours? So I don't have to worry about running them both at the sometime overnight?

Although I am very technical, I've never used Qmaster, so ill need basic instructions.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: I Need to render both after effects animations, and use compressor overnight. Solution?
on Jan 9, 2012 at 1:08:39 am

There's no easy solution right now - at the moment.

You'd have to set this up and test it first.

There are some third party solutions (I think) that can auto launch software - it probably won't auto start compressor though.

You could set Compressor with a script to launch Adobe Media Encoder at the end of the compression.
Why? Then you could set Adobe Media Encoder to auto start after 30 seconds.
And to set it all up? You'd copy/paste your comp to Adobe Media Encoder.

At the end of the compression, it'd launch Adobe Media Encoder which would then compress (render) your AE work.
Ugly, but possible.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]