FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quality settings: 1080 to standard DVD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Surf
Quality settings: 1080 to standard DVD
on Jan 2, 2012 at 3:54:53 pm

Hi there,

I recently shot a massage film against a white background and I'm having difficulties compressing the footage for use on a DVD.

The film was shot in full HD using a Canon EOS 550D then compressed using Pro Res and edited out through FCP7. So far so good.

However, when I go through the usual Compressor settings for DVD Best Quality 90 minutes I get jagged edges on the lips of the subject when she talks plus other jagged issues.

So, I did a bit of surfing and created a new Compressor setting with Frame Controls set to Resize Filters: Better / Output Fields: Same as Source and Deinterlace: Better and Adaptive Details is ticked.

However, this option is creating faint black/grey horizontal lines across the white background of my encoded film.

Any help so I can get the best settings to stop either of these happening would be greatly appreciated. For info, both versions have been used on a Sony Blu Ray player on a HD Ready LCD TV which I assumes is trying to upscale the quality.

I also tried using Larry Jordan's settings and converted into Pro Res 422 HQ first but this just created a version where half the screen was black and the other section was weird pinks and green flashes (bizarre).

Thanks in advance for any help

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]