FORUMS: list search recent posts

software and hardware needed for Jpeg 2000 encoding for archiving purpose

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vu
software and hardware needed for Jpeg 2000 encoding for archiving purpose
on Dec 24, 2011 at 3:05:43 pm

I work for a studio where our mission is to preserve and promote the world's audio visual audio heritage.

We are planning for a complete transfer of our video collection on digital format. We have looked into various hardware solution and decided to invest and build our own system to test different workflow and encoding format before committing to one of the very expensive turnkey system.

I'm looking to put together a PC, capture card and software that would enable Jpeg 2000 encoding/digitalization and playback. Is it also possible to digitize multi stream in real time, like a Jpeg 2000, a low rez file for internet, a Prores file.....all in one pass ???

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: software and hardware needed for Jpeg 2000 encoding for archiving purpose
on Dec 27, 2011 at 1:38:39 pm

[Anhtu Vu] "Is it also possible to digitize multi stream in real time, like a Jpeg 2000, a low rez file for internet, a Prores file.....all in one pass ???"

Groups like Digital Rapids makes JPEG2k cards; I suggest you find a video reseller in your area to have them price out a full system (whatever you save by doing this yourself probably will cost you more money in time in the long run.)

Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any cards on the market that will do multi encodes like this on acquisition. Especially formats like "low rez file for Internet" that will require multiple passes.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New! FCPX DSLR workflows; What's new in Media Comopser 6; Full Media Composer 6 basics from macProVideo.com
Come see me speak at the Government Video Expo Nov 30 - Dec 1; Seminar link here
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]