FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pansonic Af100/Af101 codec for keying

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Bamber
Pansonic Af100/Af101 codec for keying
on Dec 13, 2011 at 7:35:42 pm

Hi everybody,

A client has approached me seeking a music video shot with a lot of green screen to be used. I have access to a green screen, lighting and a studio but i am wondering if there are any tips on the best possible workflow for this. I am going to be shooting on a Panasonic Af101 and also have access to an Atmos Ninja HD recorder which records to 10bit uncompressed apple pro res. What would be the best option.. to import strait from the camera or through the ninja (which i expect would be the right answer). My other question though is do i keep this pro res workflow or is there a better codec to transcode to that will give me a cleaner key. Storage space is not an issue i just want the crispest results possible.

Thanks for looking

Josh

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Pansonic Af100/Af101 codec for keying
on Dec 27, 2011 at 3:05:04 pm

Josh,

Oh yeah, go Prores; I don't know if the camera passes through uncompressed via HDSDI or HDMI, but I'd go into the Atmos @ ProRes or ProRes HQ. If you have really fast drives, you could go ProRes 4444. Stay in proves, you should get an excellent key - this is a great example for you to do a field test before you go and bring in your talent.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New! FCPX DSLR workflows; What's new in Media Comopser 6; Full Media Composer 6 basics from macProVideo.com
Come see me speak at the Government Video Expo Nov 30 - Dec 1; Seminar link here
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]