FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to get decent (not outstanding) video quality and short render / filesize from Compressor?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Wood
Best way to get decent (not outstanding) video quality and short render / filesize from Compressor?
on Dec 6, 2011 at 4:19:17 pm

I know that sounds like I'm asking the impossible, but surely it shouldn't be taking 15 minutes to render a 2 minute video with low bitrates at 640x360 using a Quicktime H.264 video?

What codec and compressor settings would people recommend?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Best way to get decent (not outstanding) video quality and short render / filesize from Compressor?
on Dec 6, 2011 at 4:26:24 pm

[Chris Wood] "Best "
Using Matrox CompressHD or MXO2 with MAX. Faster than real time and good quality H.264 .mov

Return to posts index

Chris Wood
Re: Best way to get decent (not outstanding) video quality and short render / filesize from Compressor?
on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:23:46 am

Oooh, I will check it out.

Return to posts index

Chris Wood
on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:28:02 am

Ooohh actually that's no good. I meant software. I'm on a hackintosh with no expansion slots at all.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 7, 2011 at 12:38:11 pm

Express Port. Matrox MXO2 with MAX can use that.

Do you have USB ports?
Elgato Turbo 264 HD, although it's not the Professional product that Matrox is.
http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/Turbo264HD/product1.en.ht...
There's a software only version in the App Store although I'm not sure if that'll give you the speed you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]