FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Compressor - MPEG2-Program Stream

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Ziegele
Apple Compressor - MPEG2-Program Stream
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:37:23 pm

Hi all

Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue i am seeing with compressor 3.5.3
We have ProResHQq clips made from Final Cut 7.0.3 that are NTSC 29.97 and contain timecode.
When using the default Compressor setting for MPEG2-Program streams, it states that it will use the "Start timecode from Source" - when the file is done, and i check it -the timecode starts at 00:00:00
instead of the 00:59:55;00 of the actual clip.

How can i get the MPEG2 PS file to contain the correct timecode

Mac OSX 10.6.8

Return to posts index

Brad Elliott
Re: Apple Compressor - MPEG2-Program Stream
on Nov 30, 2011 at 7:58:01 pm

I have not been able to have Compressor read meta data from a file and then translate that to a window burn.

To my knowledge Compressor's window burn feature only starts from zero.
If someone makes timecode notes from the file that starts at zero you can just jump into your sequence 14:37 from the head and all should be well presuming the notes are right to begin with.

The only other option is to use the TC reader filter and render your sequence in FC with a window burn.
Nest your sequence in a a new sequence and then apply the filter to the nest. Make sure your new sequence starts at the appropriate TC.

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
Re: Apple Compressor - MPEG2-Program Stream
on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:35:42 pm

I think Program Stream timecode isn't defined all that well defined as a standard. I would recommend doing a window burn out of Final Cut Pro, if you can live with that.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]