FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor stopped working

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Jeffries
Compressor stopped working
on Oct 26, 2011 at 9:09:18 pm

Hi all. Was using Compressor 4 to encode a large ProRes file to MPEG-2 for DVD when I accidentally unplugged the drive the ProRes file was on. Restarted and plugged the drive back in, and now Compressor won't start encoding. And not just that particular file to MPEG-2 - it won't encode any file to any codec, not even from my internal HD. I hit "Submit" and it just sits there, with no reading for time remaining. I had successfully encoded a few similar ProRes files to MPEG-2 immediately before unplugging the drive, and they all worked fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Pretty stumped on this one. Thanks!

Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M/Intel HD Graphics 3000

Return to posts index

Bill Hall
Re: Compressor stopped working
on Oct 27, 2011 at 6:52:37 pm

I feel like I say this a lot in this forum but trash your preferences and see if that helps. If not you may just need to do a reinstall of Final Cut.

Strange error though.

Return to posts index

Alan Jeffries
on Oct 27, 2011 at 6:59:43 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. Repairing permissions on my internal HD solved it. Weird.

Return to posts index

Bill Hall
on Oct 27, 2011 at 7:08:04 pm

Now there's a strange one. Well at least the idea that that problem could arise is now in my tool bag.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]