FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple compressor problems

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris iuliano
Apple compressor problems
on Oct 21, 2011 at 6:43:21 pm

This may be the wrong place to post this, but I didn't see a specific Compressor link. anyway, for some reason some of my files that are run through compressor only come out with audio. I am trying to make files ready for DVD including chapters. I export them from Final Cut to include chapters, then put the export into Compressor and use 'Best 120 min' It takes an hour or two to compress, but once its done the audio is there but for some reason the video file says Zero Kb so when I try to put it in DVD studio obviously it only takes the audio because there is no video file. anyone have this problem before? Solutions?

Return to posts index

Bill Hall
Re: Apple compressor problems
on Oct 26, 2011 at 8:26:14 pm

A few things

What were you settings on export out of Final Cut?

Did you know that you most likely can go straight to DVD studio without running it through compressor? If your video is in a non delivery format DVD studio pro can transcode it for you. (Think DV, DVCAM, Pro Ress NOT h.264)

Also the DVD Best 120 is two parts. An audio encode and a video encode. The video encode should kick out an MPEG-2 file. It seems like you know that but i just want to make sure you are putting both settings on your files.

As always trash preferences and try again before doing anything drastic. (This is always worth a try if nothing else.)

Return to posts index

Dan Skinner
Re: Apple compressor problems
on Nov 18, 2011 at 9:22:52 pm

Hi Chris- I am having the same problem and have not come up with a solution. Have you been able to remedy this?

thanks
dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]