FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing 95 minutes of DVCPRO for Vimeo

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ana lucia cuevas
Compressing 95 minutes of DVCPRO for Vimeo
on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:17:43 am

I have just finished to edit a documentary - 95 minutes long-.
The majority of the footage was shoot on DVCPRO HD 1080 60 and edited in Final Cut along with archive material. (no problems there)
I have been trying to upload it to Vimeo (as I have done before with previous-much shorter- programmes) without success.
I did (as in other occasions), export from FC a QT (Current Setting); opened it in Compressor and applied a H.296 compression (a setting I have already saved for this purpose).
It starts processing but it "fails" a couple of hours into it....
Could it be that the programme is too long/large for Compressor to handle it?
I have done this in the past with shorter 40-minutes long-videos and they looked great...
Please help!!!


Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Compressing 95 minutes of DVCPRO for Vimeo
on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:56:18 am

Compressor has a setting for youtube, it should work fine for Vimeo - but I'd like you to try any other setting (something that should be fairly fast would be a setting like ProRes 422)

I suspect you have a corrupt piece of media causing problems.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website


Return to posts index

ana lucia cuevas
Re: Compressing 95 minutes of DVCPRO for Vimeo
on Oct 11, 2011 at 2:36:51 pm

Thank you for your reply Jeff.
A few hours after I wrote in this space, Compressor stopped working all together.

I followed this instructions from a colleague:
1- Hit the command-shift-g.
2-Type on the dialogue box /var/spool/qmaster
3-Deleted the oddly named folder in the qmaster folder but leave the qmaster folder in place
4-Restart the computer
5-Open compressor and clear history

It did the trick and now is working fine!

Thanks again

Lucia


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]