FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression for streaming - I can't figure out the settings the client wants.

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Waldron
Compression for streaming - I can't figure out the settings the client wants.
on Sep 8, 2011 at 7:11:45 pm

Hey CC members.

I only just finished one post on Compression techniques, now I start another. Same client, same video.

So I no longer have the original time FCP file. I have the video but no sound. There for I downloaded this http://www.vimeo.com/24415806 from vimeo. It comes as an MP4.

So the client asked if they could have the file in the settings below:

MP4 format
H.264 compression, baseline coded
Prepared for streaming
AAC audio compression
height: 400 pixel / width: proportionate
height for webopener: 576 pixel / width: proportionate
max. 10 MB

Now I am not a complete beginner. But this may be a really dumb question. Can you produce a file with H.264 Codec in MP4 Format?

I have tried and tried again but the quality of all the outputs are, well horrendous might describe it. I used the presets in Compressor and then tweaked them to get the settings above.

Where am I going wrong. Is it the original file causing problems? The presets for streaming (I tried all to no avail)? Also I have no idea what webopener height is?

Help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Sam

Sam Waldron

Final Cut Pro 6.0.6
imac 4gb 1tb

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compression for streaming - I can't figure out the settings the client wants.
on Sep 8, 2011 at 7:22:25 pm

[Sam Waldron] "Can you produce a file with H.264 Codec in MP4 Format?"

Yes with Quicktime 7 Pro.
No with Compressor 3.x and below (although with iOS .m4v files you can change the extension to .mp4 since the essences are the same).
Yes with Compressor 4.

In most cases though H.264 .mov works in the same places and the same way H.264 .mp4 works such as Flash and Silverlight.

Return to posts index

Sam Waldron
Re: Compression for streaming - I can't figure out the settings the client wants.
on Sep 9, 2011 at 8:09:09 am

Hi again,

thank you for the reply. I am currently downloading Compressor 4!!!

Any ideas regarding quality and the 'streaming' presets in Compressor? Do you think the original file is a problem?

Kind Regards

Sam

Sam Waldron

Final Cut Pro 6.0.6
imac 4gb 1tb

Return to posts index

Ken Mitchell
on Sep 19, 2011 at 2:14:43 am

I may be mistaken but the .mp4 codec which is probably what your client is inquiring about is H264. It is not a .mov quicktime.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]