FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Podcast Settings

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Ringelstetter
Video Podcast Settings
on Aug 18, 2011 at 3:28:07 pm

Does anyone have any advice on the most accessible export settings for a video podcast? This will be my first video version of the series and just want to be sure it works well for everyone. Anyone with experience in doing these find any compression settings that have worked for them?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Video Podcast Settings
on Aug 19, 2011 at 2:47:45 pm

What format did you start with (example: 1080i30 DVCPro HD) and where are you editing it? (Premiere Pro) and where do you intend for it to be played back (Computers and iOS devices)

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Matthew Ringelstetter
on Aug 22, 2011 at 4:01:02 pm

I shot it in HDV 1080p30 and am using Final Cut Pro to edit. I deally I'd like it to be played on computers as well as iOS/mobile devices.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Aug 22, 2011 at 4:51:55 pm

I'd use the ipad settings in Compressor as a starting point. I might also try an h.264 1/2 HD sizing @ 960x540 @ around 4mb/sec (VBR, 2 pass) as a starting point. Both should work on an iOS device - the iPad setting is a great place to start.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]