FORUMS: list search recent posts

What render settings in Vegas 11 do I use to enable 180 minutes of footage to be compressed onto 4.7gb DVD?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Scott
What render settings in Vegas 11 do I use to enable 180 minutes of footage to be compressed onto 4.7gb DVD?
on Aug 11, 2011 at 12:43:49 pm

I am using a Sony HXR-MC50E - Standard Format filming - and having real problems understanding the required render settings to enable an export to Architect for burning to DVD - Forgive me if this the wrong forum, Jamie

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: What render settings in Vegas 11 do I use to enable 180 minutes of footage to be compressed onto 4.7gb DVD?
on Aug 16, 2011 at 12:05:02 pm

Don't know the Vegas controls - but 560/# mins = data rate to 'fit' on a DVD5 (with the audio being AC3). At 3.1 mb/s, it's probably not going to look good. Perhaps going to a DVD-9 might be better?

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Jamie Scott
Re: What render settings in Vegas 11 do I use to enable 180 minutes of footage to be compressed onto 4.7gb DVD?
on Aug 16, 2011 at 7:25:51 pm

Thanks Jeff....I think Dual Layer is the way to go...quality took a massive hit when I compressed. Thanks again for taking the time to post a reply. cheers Jamie

Return to posts index

Ken Mitchell
on Sep 1, 2011 at 8:32:32 pm

if you are using vegas to go into dvd architect... just send and uncompressed (or other) into DVD Architect and use the FIT TO DISK setting... It will also give you the bitrate in case you want to transcode it in vegas.,.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]