FORUMS: list search recent posts

PRORES into Xvid, bitrate 4500, non interlaced, framerate 25 (PAL), *.avi

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mara novak
PRORES into Xvid, bitrate 4500, non interlaced, framerate 25 (PAL), *.avi
on Jul 26, 2011 at 2:13:24 pm

hay there!

i had to edit something from a dvd and had to hand it in in this settings: PRORES into Xvid, bitrate 4500, non interlaced, framerate 25 (PAL), *.avi
so i ripped it of the dvd with mpeg streamclip into an PRORES LT .mov
we'll so far it worked, the editing in finalcut was ok and stuff so i exported it in the prores version but i have no idea how i can export it to the file i need?! i'm working on an mac but got a PC to compress it in Xvid cause i read that this is an windows thingy. i downloaded procoder 3 but i cant find the right settings. can anybody help me please, i really need to get this job done.

thanks a lot

//mara

Return to posts index

Lauri Ahonen
Re: PRORES into Xvid, bitrate 4500, non interlaced, framerate 25 (PAL), *.avi
on Jul 26, 2011 at 2:37:17 pm

I understand that you are not very familiar with video tech. Performing the task would however need some knowledge is the workflow in processing. Export the video with Compressor as PAL 25 fps progressive video with resolution of 720x576 High Bitrate H.264 codec mp4 and uncompressed audio (44k1 or 48k).

Then you could use ffmpeg command line to convert the file as xvid (with pc or mac) with following settings:

ffmpeg -i "video.mp4" -vcodec libxvid -b 2000k -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 192k -y -f avi output.avi

M.D. Lauri Ahonen
Electronics and video processing enthusiast

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]