FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG program stream issues

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Williams
MPEG program stream issues
on Jul 16, 2011 at 9:42:12 pm

I have a series of videos that need to be encoded to the following specs (from the end user)

"Standard Definition MPEG Parameters

- MPEG1 or MPEG2 files must be encoded as a Program Stream.
-Elementary Video stream must be Main Profile Main Level MP@ML 4:2:0.
-Elementary Audio Stream is optional and must be MPEG layer II at a frequency of 44100Hz with 192kbps.
-Constant Bitrate CBR
-The main resolution supported is 720 x 480. (16:9 Resolutions are supported based on Television)
-Supported Bitrates between 4 - 6 Mb/s normally provide good quality SD images and is preferred"

I am using FCP 6.0.6 and trying to use either Quicktime, Compressor or MPEG Streamclip (or some combination) I thought Compressor would be the easiest, but when I use the multiplexing option, it does not allow me to alter the frequency or bitrate of the audio. So, I thought I could do the video in compressor and create the audio elsewhere, then mux the files in MPEG Streamclip and I can't seem to make that work.

cut to the chase...does anybody have a good working solution for delivering to these specs?

FCP 6.0.6
MacPro with OS 10.5.8

thanks much.

mike

Michael V. Williams
producer/editor
http://www.vernonvision.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: MPEG program stream issues
on Jul 17, 2011 at 4:33:30 pm

Check the audio specs in the free program MediaInfo after doing your Compressor encode. Maybe it did the right thing automatically.

BTW you're experiencing one reason why Compressor is very limited for professional use. That's why I use Telestream Episode.

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
Re: MPEG program stream issues
on Jul 17, 2011 at 7:53:05 pm

Thanks, Craig. I'll check those out.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]