FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why didn't my audio come along with my video compression?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kathleen bailey
Why didn't my audio come along with my video compression?
on Jul 16, 2011 at 4:33:41 pm

So, I am learning DVD SP while my husband is in the process of doing all the voiceovers and microediting of the next four volumes of our dvd series that are 1 1/2 hour +/- a few minutes.

I am using a sequence I used as a preview for a project to add learn DVDSP. There are 2 video tracks and the audio is a simple stereo aiff, so 2 tracks.

I added the chapter markers and then went to encode it in Compressor. I want the highest possible quality so I picked Mpeg-2 in the Compressor settings tab and then submitted.

It didn't do anything with the audio. I have poured over the FCS, DVDSP, and Compressor user manuals and cannot seem to locate the missing piece that tells me how to get audio to come along with the video. It seems like it should be cake, but I don't have the recipe!

Please try to respond as soon as you can! I have promised my husband that I will have DVDSP mastered by tonight and I am stimied by a compression issue, not to mention we will need to do this 4 times for our DVDs!

Kathleen
http://www.sailvicarious.com
Sail Vicarious a travel documentary DVD series
Using FCS, DVDSP, Compressor and Garageband using OS 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro "17
Model Identifier: MacBookPro 8,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B0E
SMC Version (system): 1.70f3

Return to posts index

kathleen bailey
Re: Why didn't my audio come along with my video compression?
on Jul 16, 2011 at 8:51:58 pm

Oh and I am converting apple Prores 422 to m-peg 2.

Kathleen
http://www.sailvicarious.com
Sail Vicarious a travel documentary DVD series
Using FCS, DVDSP, Compressor and Garageband using OS 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro "17
Model Identifier: MacBookPro 8,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B0E
SMC Version (system): 1.70f3

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
Re: Why didn't my audio come along with my video compression?
on Jul 16, 2011 at 9:46:06 pm

You need to create two different files via Compressor. One for video and one for audio. Your best bet is to select one of the folders titled "DVD: Best Quality xx minutes" for the appropriate length. Once you get those two files you can import them into the Assets tab within DVDSP. they can then be dragged on to a track with DVDSP.

mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]