FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I convert 60fps to 29.97fps in Compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jesse kamerick
How do I convert 60fps to 29.97fps in Compressor
on Jul 15, 2011 at 9:55:55 pm

Can anyone give me a detailed description of how I convert my canon 1d 1280x720 60fps into 29.97 slow motion. I have done this in the past and even have a preset in Compressor for it, but now by preset is no longer doing the job for what ever reason and nothing I am doing is working.

I have searched the internet for tutorials but nothing is helping, I have already seen the Ken Burns link, have followed it step by step and thats not working either.

Can anyone help with a better description or tutorial i can follow?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: How do I convert 60fps to 29.97fps in Compressor
on Jul 15, 2011 at 10:32:18 pm

Some would convert from H.264 to ProRes not changing the frame rate. Then reconform it to 29.97 in Cinema Tools. You'd have it running at 50% using the frames you have. No need to Optical Flow it in Compressor.

FCPX has a Conform Speed function built in.

Return to posts index

jesse kamerick
on Jul 15, 2011 at 10:45:11 pm

Thanks man, I will try that in the future. Compressor can be such a headache sometimes.

I actually finally got it to work by dropping an old preset for converting 60fps down to 24fps (which I created years ago). It worked but you could see the frame blending, so i changed the 24 to 29.97, re-saved it as a new preset and now its working flawlessly. What's weird is that the new preset I just created is exactly like the old, step by step, but for what ever reason this one is now working whereas the other did not. Whatever...

Thanks for the help though!!

Return to posts index

Bonnie Valles
on Mar 30, 2012 at 2:18:13 am

HELP! This has been a nightmare...I'm working on a project in Premiere and need to convert pick up footage to match the rest of the project.

Can anyone explain SIMPLY how to convert 60fps footage to 29.97fps? Is there a plug-in? Someone mentioned a script

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]