FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 2/ Football game

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Jones
Compressor 2/ Football game
on Jul 12, 2011 at 4:00:33 am

I just finished editing a 4-hour football game (w/graphics) that I need to encode to dvd.
It's pretty clear that it will only fit on 2 dvds. I plan on splitting it up into two halves. Aside from default 120 minute Compressor, are there any certain settings I should be using, as this is my first venture into very long form editing. Trying to knock down a good look, with each half being under 2 hours.

My config:

Macbook (early 2008) 2.0ghz Intel core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, FCS 2, Standard DV NTSC 29.97fps

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Matt Jones
Re: Compressor 2/ Football game
on Jul 12, 2011 at 4:57:04 am

Also:

MacOS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Jul 12, 2011 at 5:40:52 pm

You could use a DVD-9 (which should hold your four hours) You'll want to tweak the 120 min setting to just a bit lower bitrate to fit your video + a menu.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Matt Jones
on Jul 12, 2011 at 6:07:53 pm

thanks Jeff,

But I think I'm sticking with 2 dvd's. If I'm not including a menu, and dropping around two hours on each, what should my settings in Compressor look like. I have some graphics and have used Magic Bullet Looks.

Thanks again

Matt

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Jul 12, 2011 at 6:24:28 pm

The Apple 120 Best setting is nearly perfect (both the AC3 and the MPEG2)

The MPEG2 setting is built specifically to fit on a DVD-5. If you're at 121 min (or want a menu) you need it just a little smaller - I'd adjust the 5.0 rate to 4.8 and that should free up the extra space needed.

Hope that makes sense (if not, ask!)

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Matt Jones
on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:09:03 am

Thanks Jeff

I ended up splitting it up into first half and second half, and going with two dvds. We'll see how it goes, and thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]