FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCProHD - Frame Size Issue

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Czyzewski
DVCProHD - Frame Size Issue
on Jul 6, 2011 at 9:36:36 pm

We received specs from the company that's doing our sound mix. They'd like a DVCProHD, 960x540 Quicktime. Our workflow for such turnover is: output from the Avid that is captured into FCP (specs below) and use Compressor to create different compressions/watermarks for distribution to our vendors. I created a Compressor setting matching the company's specs, but Compressor always gives me a DVCProHD 1280x1080 (though in the normal and actual size lines of the info it says 1920x1080). I assume this is possible, as these are their specs they give to everyone, but I don't know how to make it work.

MAC 10.6.7
Compressor 3.5.3
Source Codec: Photo-JPEG, 1920x1080
Destination Codec: DVCProHD, 960x540

Quicktime is to match vendor specs for Mix Stage

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: DVCProHD - Frame Size Issue
on Jul 12, 2011 at 6:39:08 pm

It's really odd; DVCProHD is really meant for 1280x1080 and only that.

My guess is that compressor is sensing DVCProHD and ignoring any setting. I just tried it in QuickTime directly and it did what you said. I'd ask them what software they're using to make 960x540 DVCProHD files.

I haven't got the time today to check this in Episode or Squeeze (but you may have a copy of squeeze that came with your avid.)

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]