FORUMS: list search recent posts

Has any one of you compared the speed and quality of Compressor 4 to that of Compressor 3.5?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Bliddal
Has any one of you compared the speed and quality of Compressor 4 to that of Compressor 3.5?
on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:59:20 pm

I am asking because I can't do the comparison myself unless I buy a new graphich card for my Mac Pro and I am really curious to find out if the new version is considerably faster encoding at a similar filesize and quality level. I am mainly compressing for H.264 and have Squeeze 6.5 (which does not do HD files well) As well as Compressor 3.5 which does do HD files well but do not take advantages of all the processing power in my machine.

Let the machine work for you. Not you for the machine

Return to posts index

André Engelhardt
Re: Has any one of you compared the speed and quality of Compressor 4 to that of Compressor 3.5?
on Jul 1, 2011 at 7:47:52 am

Hi Jan,

Short answer: it is not and if you're not using the newly released Motion and FCP there is actually no reason whatsoever to upgrade. Macprovideo has an article on this here: http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/final-cut/first-look-review-compressor-4-any...

André

--
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer
Videographer
http://www.andreengelhardt.net

Return to posts index

Jan Bliddal
Re: Has any one of you compared the speed and quality of Compressor 4 to that of Compressor 3.5?
on Jul 3, 2011 at 2:08:02 pm

Hi André Engelhardt thanks alot for the link. I am a avid user of the MacPro video tutorials, but I missed that information. I am not going to buy the Compressor 4.0 then And if I decided to buy Final Cut X I am sure that it is possible to export the finished video as a selfcontained quicktime file which I can compress in Compressor 3.5.

Let the machine work for you. Not you for the machine

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]