FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render files online? Problem with mov-file

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Tolaas
Render files online? Problem with mov-file
on May 28, 2011 at 11:52:06 am

Hello. I have got a file from a Mac-user. I can view the file in VLC on my PC, but I can not take it into Vegas, Premiere++
When I try to render it with Adobe Media endcoder, it mixes together video from maybe five seconds back and forth, so its just a mess.

The file is 720p50.

I was woundering if there is a site online where I can upload the file, and have them render it it into a .avi (or other format) that Vegas can accept?

Or if you have any suggestions on downloadable programs that can render "problematic" .mov-files.

Thanks,

-Kenneth

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Render files online? Problem with mov-file
on May 28, 2011 at 1:47:42 pm

Without knowing the problem there's no way of knowing what will handle it. Try MPEGStreamclip for example. You could try ffmpeg as well which might handle it since VLC can.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Tolaas
on May 28, 2011 at 2:54:06 pm

I see.
Mpeg streamclip only gives me a white image + audio.
Ffmpeg I was finally able to download, but nothing happens when I click the .exe-file, so I dont know whats the thing there.

But thanks anyway..

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 28, 2011 at 2:51:32 pm

ffmpeg is a command line tool. Someone might have a GUI for it. I know there's one on the Mac side of things. There's an ffmpeg forum on the COW so they may explain what you need to do to compress the files to a usable codec.
http://forums.creativecow.net/ffmpeg

You should also download MediaInfo to determine what codec is actually in the file.
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]