FORUMS: list search recent posts

GoToMeeting Codec issue

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
charles diaz
GoToMeeting Codec issue
on May 26, 2011 at 1:37:20 pm

Hi everyone,
Im having a bit of an issue with a video file created by gotomeeting. Through gotomeeting, you have the ability to record a Webinar conference, and it produces a video file. The problem is, that it also requires the viewer to download a particular codec from gotomeeting to view this file on your windowsmedia player. With that said, the problem at hand is, the company I work for posts these videos on a support page for clients to view. The clients are complaining about these videos, because their media player wont allow them to view this file. Is there a way to download these files, and convert them into something that can be viewed universally by perhaps PC/Mac users. I know this is a pretty complex post, but any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks and God Bless!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: GoToMeeting Codec issue
on May 26, 2011 at 2:29:35 pm

I really wish GoToMeeting would dump their proprietary codec. The host can record meetings using WMV9, which Flip4Mac can play on Mac.

Someone with the GoToMeeting plugin would have to download the file and convert to WMV9 or anything else for that matter like H.264 .mp4

People hosting GoToMeeting Webinars should record with WMV9 and GoToMeeting should DROP THEIR PROPRIETARY CODEC.

Return to posts index

charles diaz
on May 26, 2011 at 2:42:12 pm

Thanks so much for your prompt response, I appreciate it greatly! So lets say I have a file, which was created in gotomeeting. What program do I use in order to convert this file successfully as a WMV9?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 26, 2011 at 3:13:48 pm

On Windows, Microsoft Expression Encoder. You must first make sure you have the GoToMeeing Windows Media plugin installed.

Return to posts index

Mark Onslow
on Mar 28, 2012 at 5:01:42 pm

Yeah, it's a shame that you need the GoToMeeting Windows Media plugin but it's not all that difficult to get it sorted out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]