compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damo Jones
compressor
on Mar 23, 2011 at 11:24:41 am

Hi guys,
I'm from Australia.
Im using final cut pro, and im shooting with a sony hdr fx100 and a sony EX1R.
I want to create a droplet in compressor that will give me the best quality results for a). a DVD/film and b). a clip in Vimeo. I want these two droplets as i am unsure about whether or not i am using the correct settings, and i want to maximise the quality of my production.
If anyone can let me know how to create these i would be very greatful, and if someone can make me a droplet i will pay money.
Also, would it be better to shoot in 1920x1080 format or 720 format if wanting to make a clip specificaly for vimeo?
Thank you

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: compressor
on Mar 23, 2011 at 8:59:19 pm

[Damo Jones] "I want to create a droplet in compressor that will give me the best quality results for a). a DVD/film and b). a clip in Vimeo. I want these two droplets as i am unsure "
Duplicate the DVD settings you like. Really, the apple settings are a great starting point.
Vimeo preferred settings. Now the Apple YouTube settings a little higher (a bit more data) - but Vimeo should handle that fine on their end.

[Damo Jones] "If anyone can let me know how to create these i would be very greatful, and if someone can make me a droplet i will pay money.
"

Duplicate the Youtube setting as well.

Now, put all of them in a folder in your custom settings. Select them and press the "make droplet" button. You'll be asked where you'd like the droplet to be saved, and then where you'd like the video to be saved.

[Damo Jones] "If anyone can let me know how to create these i would be very greatful, and if someone can make me a droplet i will pay money.
"

Feel free to contact me directly. I won't put my email directly here - I don't want you to feel like I'm directly soliciting. My contact info is in my sigline.

[Damo Jones] "Also, would it be better to shoot in 1920x1080 format or 720 format if wanting to make a clip specificaly for vimeo?
"

Hmm. Technically, you'll get more vertical resolution at a higher frame rate with 720 (smoother motion) and a wider picture with 1080. Depends on what you're looking for.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]